Thursday 12 November 2009

The dream lives on....

"If your ship doesn't come in, swim out to it". - Jonathan Winters


...And swim out to it I shall!


Hello!

So I am officially the worst at updating the old blog but I have good reason for this.......now do you want the good news? Or the bad first?

Lets go for the bad....
But first a brief update for those of you who have only just started following!

Lots of you have been following my blog :)
I've been overwhelmed with the amount of interest, kind words, support and donations I have received for my big apple adventure (Thank you!)


So, The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts amazingly offered me a place on their two year course in acting for television and film. Unfortunately I couldn't afford to go in August (I need roughly £60000 for two years!) but they very kindly offered me a place on the same course next year...however next year means January 2010....

Sadly, I wasn't one of the British winners of the £45000'000 prize money from the Euromillions jackpot the other night...think I need to pick different numbers next time..... ;) .....anyways, I won't be going in January either :(

Good news?? Ok, now for the good stuff :)

The good news is that the NYCDA have been amazingly supportive throughout (makes me want to go there even more!!)
I have been invited to re-audition in March 2010, I'm hoping that I may be able to audition for their scholorship too which would help with the money side of things.
If anyone has any advice/good audition pieces they think I could use then please get in touch!

By no means is this the end of my dream to study in New York, the people who know me best will know that I'm the most ambitious and determined lady they know ;)

I believe that persistence pays, if you want something bad enough whether it be in work, love or just life in general it will happen- just never give up on your dreams and aspirations.
Someone once told me that the only person from stopping you from doing anything is yourself... never give yourself limitations- you've got to aim high!

My dream to become a successful actress will be fufilled one day (just not as soon as I originally planned!) Once again a massive thank you to everyone who has been supporting me, I am continuing with the fundraising for next year (as advised by the school- I feel extremely privileged to have their support and just knowing that such an establishment believes in my abilities and potential as an actress is amazing in itself).


I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that very sadly, I found out yesterday that my old GCSE drama teacher from Imberhorne- Mrs Gasson- has passed away after suffering from lung cancer.

She was one of a few people that stand out to me as always being supportive of my abilities, giving me encouragement and constructive criticism in all my performances at school.

I think she played a fundemental role in me deciding on what I wanted to do as a career- despite objections from other teachers/people who thought I should consider choosing 'a real job' to aim for!
I wasn't a fan of school (who was?!)- but I loved my drama lessons :)
My thoughts go out to her family and friends.

Thank you for following, and despite being an:

11-hour-day-working-lady-who-customizes-clothes-in-her-spare-time-tries-to-get-castings-trying-to-learn-guitar-get-make-up-jobs-and-have-some-kind-of-a-life....I will try to update my blog more often :) hahaha!!

Hope you enjoyed reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment