Sunday 27 September 2009

Feeling Inspired...



"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always Remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world".

Harriet Tubman

Hello everyone!!

Ok, I apologise, I know I'm totally rubbish as I haven't updated the blog recently...but to make up for it prepare for more posts than usual this week!

I would like to say a HUUUUGGEE thank you to everyone who has donated money to me- £15.00 raised so far!!

Not quite enough to get me to the Big Apple but that's way more money than I expected, so thank you I can't express how much everyone's support means to me.

If you know of anyone who would be interested in this blog/ would like to donate £1 or however much then send them my way (Paypal link at bottom of page).

So this week I've been trying to think of ways to earn some extra cash:

I'm a skilled make-up artist so been busy trying to get more make-up jobs (anyone need a make-up artist for anything then please drop me an e-mail!)

I also customise/make clothes for people, again if you want to see pics of previous stuff/want stuff made, then drop me a message :)

I also set myself the challenge this week of trying to teach myself guitar...in the hope that one day I could go out and do some busking haha and earn some dollar that way :)

umm but let's just say it didn't go too well...

Lesson 1: Guitar strings break easier than I originally thought...

Lesson 2: Playing guitar and having nice nails just doesn't happen...

Lesson 3: Bit on guitar that I don't know the name of has broken...therefore can't play until its fixed but more than likely I'll have to buy a whole new one... :(

Clearly I'm not going to be the next female Jimi Hendrix....but I'll definately give it a go!!

Juggling all this with a full time job, trying to get more castings and writing more letters to people is pretty hard- particularly when you keep getting rejected by grants organisations who all keep saying the same, infuriating thing-

"Unfortunately we are unable to help you on this occasion. If you had written to us last year then we may have been able to help, but due to the current economical climate we are unable to..."

It's hard enough that they can't help me, but worse when they say if I'd applied a year earlier then I might have been eligible for something! - Im not going to lie, Im definatly feeling the strain!

To keep me motivated I've been trying to find some interesting and inspiring quotes (most of which have come from the NYCDA's blog so I would like to thank Charlie for his inspirational posts!!)

One that I have found particularly helpful- and that other people might find useful too- is this:

"It's not about how you win, it's about how you come back when you lose. How do you get up off the ground when knocked down?... Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom...."

So here's my challenge to you- or more of a fun thing I suppose :)

If anyone has any funny or motivational quotes to keep me going then send them my way- they would be much appreciated!!

I hope you all have a good week and I will keep you updated with more news/ info on what I've been up to!

Thank you to everyone who has read or who regularly follows my blog and especially to the people who have donated money to my cause- lets all make this dream a reality!!!

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=8511246

No comments:

Post a Comment