Thursday 11 February 2010

World Peace?


"Hope" is the thing with feathers

That perches in the soul

And sings the tune without the words

And never stops at all.'



-Emily Dickenson










So I think I may have succumbed to 'woman-flu', feeling pretty run down and sorry for myself but thought I'd take the time to update the blog and do something constructive between sniffles.....







So firstly some news!




Not sure at this precise moment if I feel it is good or bad...(opinions would be appreciated on this one please) but I had an e-mail last week from the organisers of Miss Great Britain asking if I would like to enter!







In 2006 I got into the finals for Miss London. I was 18 and saw it as a fun opportunity- I didn't get very far and found the whole experience a bit too 'Miss Congeniality' for me!



And yes, before you ask, some girls did use the immortal line



'And I would like...World Peace!'



when asked why they wanted to be Miss London......haha maybe that's where I went wrong.....!







Hmm...so why am I now on the Miss Great Britain website in a line up consisting of mainly wannabe glamour girls whose main aspirations in life are of becoming a footballers wife?



I just want to be quick to point out that, that's not what I think by the way, but I know that it's what most people's perception's are of these girls. And now probably of me too :(



The honest answer to this is: money! The thought of wearing a pretty dress kind of appeals too.....and...errr...world peace??!!



(Oh and also the fact that I was still going along with the Yes Man mentality when I got asked if I wanted to do it!)





I didn't realise how much money was involved in these competitions! If I were to win it, it would help me significantly in my goal of getting to New York. Plus a lot of modelling and acting agency's both here in the UK and in the US use the website as a way of finding new talent :)



For me to be able to win though, I will be counting on people's votes!



At the moment I'm not sure how this will work, more than likely it will be based on audience votes- so if people would like to come watch then I would greatly appreciate the support and it should be a fun event! You may be able to vote online although I know that there is no facility for this yet but if you would like to check out the site it is:



http://www.missgreatbritain.co.uk/



Check out my super cheesy headshot under entrants! :)









Oh and just to make it clear for people who aren't sure: I've got no interest in glamour modelling or of marrying a footballer or of becoming famous for the sake of being famous...!



Lots of people say to me, 'ah so you want to be famous? cool!'
Um actually, no. I don't want to be famous. I can't think of anything worse than having every inch of my life under constant scrutiny and I can't stand the whole celebrity culture thing! Which is why I'm slightly reluctant to compete in a competition based around shameless self promotion and the need to be 'famous'...I'm hoping that by entering I may change people's perception's of this?


I have one goal that keeps me going, and that goal is my dream.




I just want to be able to raise enough cash to get to New York- £30,000 for the first year- train at one of the best acting schools, hopefully go on to become a successful actress and eventually one day be recognised for it :)



Obviously it's going to be a lot harder than that and sometimes it feels like it's never going to happen.



But where there's a will, there's a way- right? :)



In my last post you may remember I mentioned that I had a possible investor interested in my American dream?



Well he's come back to me asking if I could set up a website purely dedicated to my plight. This is because he knows people who invest in the arts and he needs something to show them (apparently the blog just won't do)....thing is I don't have the money to get a real website made and haven't got a clue about web design! If anyone could help me with this I would be incredibly happy.... trying to raise £30,000 has never seemed so difficult!



But I still have a dream and I still have hope which gives me my motivation!



I currently have 44 days until my re-audition: so nerves, stress, excitement and panic (I need to find audition pieces!) are all starting to set in....



I would like to thank everyone as always for their messages of encouragement and support, it's these that definatly keep me going and keep me motivated! I'm still constantly sending e-mails and writing letters to people to try to get funding- often with no response, it would be so easy to give up but it's my friends and family who keep me going- massive thank you to you all!



World Peace? (If only it was that easy!)





As always thanks for reading.



Emily








No comments:

Post a Comment