Sunday 31 January 2010

My Pursuit of Happyness


"Don't ever let somebody tell you, you can't do something.
Not even me. Alright?
You got a dream, you gotta protect it.
People can't do something themselves, they wanna tell you, you can't do it. You want something? Go get it. Period."


- Will Smith as Chris Gardner in The Pursuit Of Happyness.





The past week and a half has actually been the craziest for me and as strange as it sounds I kind of have this film to thank along with watching Yes Man (starring Jim Carrey).


If there's anyone that hasn't seen either of these films then I highly recommend you watch them because they're both really motivational and inspiring...and what's really strange, have kind of changed my way of thinking -the power of cinema huh!



So I watched Yes Man which you probably get the general idea, is about a guy who, whilst being completely miserable and unenthralled with life, is introduced to this new lifestyle program which involves saying 'Yes'...to everything!



...Ok so I'm not that stupid, I didn't say 'Yes' to everything haha but it does make you broaden your mind a little bit if you don't say no and don't dismiss things so easily, and this is when opportunities arise!



It might be coincidence but in the past week or so I have been approached by a fashion photographer for a shoot!


On Tuesday I acted in a short film for Channel 4- wasn't a massive part or anything but was so much fun and everyone on set was really nice! Whilst I was there it brought it home to me that people actually do this as their day job -they get paid to act everyday...to do what I love...I hope they appreciate it and more than anything I hope I can one day be one of those people!


I also have a few make-up jobs in the pipeline AND I MAY HAVE FOUND A POSSIBLE INVESTOR FOR MY NEW YORK STUDIES!!!


I'm not getting my hopes up...but fingers crossed!


I would just like to point out that it wasn't as easy as it sounds, I have had to put a lot of work into trying to get these opportunities. But I'm a firm believer of if you want something bad enough then you just have to go out and get it, because it's not going to come to you on its own...


My dream is to go to The New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts, to study there for two years, to somehow get the money to study on the course and after a LOT of hard work, one day be the successful actress I've always wanted to be.


This is my dream and I'm going to do everything I can to go get it!



On a final note I am still looking for bands/performers for the event that I will be holding (probably sometime in May in London) if anyone would like to come or knows anyone who wouldn't mind performing then please get in touch!


As always I would like to thank everyone for their support and messages :)



Much Love


Emily




















No comments:

Post a Comment