Sunday 13 September 2009

Dream With Me?


"When we are dreaming alone it is only a dream. When we are dreaming with others, it is the beginning of reality...."

- Dom Helder Camera


Hey everyone, hope you have all had a great weekend!

So here is my latest update as promised, although slightly later than originally planned- it's been one busy week!!


Firstly I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone who has donated money so far, I have been absolutely astounded by the amount of interest and generosity people have shown, so thank you!!


I still have a long way to go til I reach my goal but you have brought me that little bit closer to making my dream a reality :)


So this week I have been a pretty busy lady- I had a casting on Friday so lots of script reading, and I've been writing more letters in the hope that some organisations/individuals would be able to lend me some money for the course and also getting the government to change a few things...

At the moment I am not eligible for any kind of funding/student loan as I will be studying outside of the UK (seems perfectly understandable to me) BUT it's a little bit unfair as I know that students who come into the UK from overseas can be eligible for state funding... this makes me a tad frustrated!

I wrote to my local MP- The Hon Nicholas Soames who forwarded my case onto the Minister for Education, and yesterday I received a letter from the House of Commons...


I am still uneligible for any student loan/state funding...

BUT since I have brought my situation to their attention they have realised that more needs to be done in helping people who want to study overseas and are going to try and get more banks involved with the Professional Career Development Loan scheme (at the moment only two banks are involved so makes it harder for people to obtain them)
and make it easier for people to try and further their careers....which in the present economical climate is a pretty good RESULT!!


Ok so might not help me out that much but if I can help other people in the process then that's a major result in my eyes :)


There are still lots of people who I am awaiting replys from, and if anyone has any ideas on who else I could write to (anyone got Simon Cowell's address???) I would be exremely grateful!


I'm still coming up with ideas for money raising events so again any ideas/suggestions are most welcome :)


Once again thanks for all the support guys it seriously means a lot....and
if you know of anyone who woud be interested in following my quest or who would perhaps like to lend me a £1 then send them this way! (Paypal link at the bottom of this post)


Have a good week :)





No comments:

Post a Comment